Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) at WWU Münster
WWU-CERT is responsible for handling security relevant occurrences associated with the usage of PCs and accounts of the WWU Münster.
This task includes the following points:
- Fast and efficient help as reaction on occurring events (e.g. hacking-attacks, critical security holes, viruses and worms, etc.).
- Blocking of PCs or accounts during severe incidences.
- Conditioning of information and performing of investigations if it serves prevention or for inspecting hints if it is necessary.
- Verification and reaction on copyright infringements.
- Treatment of judicial and police requests.
- Running of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Cooperation with DFN-CERT and with all those who are responsible for security at the WWU.
- Cooperation in the conception of security relevant regularisations.
Please report any incident via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach all relevant information, such as log files or email headers. This guarantees a quick and efficient response.
Inquiries per phone can only be answered to legitimate persons within the University of Münster. Please contact the responsible CERT colleague or the ZIVline (Tel. 31600). When inquiring via Email please use you university's email address and mention, if available, the WWU-CERT case number.
The WWU-CERT cooperates closely with the DFN-CERT of the German National Research and Education Network (NREN) Deutsches Forschungsnetz (DFN). The DFN-CERT coordinates the exchange of complaints and information about compromising systems of all DFN facilities.